I wanted to bake something really quick and easy and I had bananas that needed to be eaten so I made these scrumptious little things. This recipe is so simple, completely foolproof and super tasty – you can’t go wrong!
- 125g unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 125g caster sugar
- 2 medium free-range eggs
- 125g self-raising flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 2 bananas
- Line a muffin tin with 10 cases and preheat oven to 180°, fan 160°, gas 4.
- Using an electric whisk, cream the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs gradually until the mixture is smooth. You may need to add some flour at this stage to prevent curdling.
- Fold in the flour and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas. Then fold them into the mixture.
- Divide equally between the cases and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Leave to cool.
These can be stored for up to 4 days in an airtight container and go very nicely with a cup of tea.